Wednesday 13 April 2016

5 Places I Want to Visit | Hidden Gems

Hello everybody,
so in Monday's post I mentioned a book that I purchased called Lonely Planet's Ultimate Travelist and I've been looking through it and found some interesting looking places that I don't think many people will have heard of so I thought that I'd show them to you in case your interested in travelling or just want to go to an unusual place on holiday.
I tried to pick places that I hadn't heard of and were not in a place I would normally think of if I was thinking of a holiday destination.

The first place I want to mention is actually ranked number 1 in the book and it's The Temples of Angkor. They are located in Buddhist Cambodia and are a collection of temples all different and unique. The main ones to go and see are Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm. but there are also loads of other temples to go and visit and there are beautiful images of the temples at both sunrise and sunset which really makes me want to go and visit.
Next is The IguazĂș Falls in South America. The waterfalls are on the borders of Argentina and Brazil and is part of the 55000-hectare rain forest that makes up The IguazĂș National Park. It's in a beautiful setting surrounded by all sorts of different types of nature and wildlife.
Lake Baikal in Russia is the deepest lake on the planet; it plummets an astounding 1642m and has a 2000km long shore line! it looks so beautiful especially in winter when turquoise ice forms. I do think that you could take some absolutely amazing photos whilst you're there and experience a lot of things too.
The second to last place is Mo'orea. It's an island in the Pacific Ocean thats known for the near vertical volcanic mountains. All of the pictures I've seen of it look photo shopped it's that beautiful and I just think this would be an amazing place to visit.
The Final one is number 499 in the book but I think it looks so amazing. The Grand Palace in Thailand, the palace looks spectacular and so bright against the rest of the city.

If you liked today's post then be sure to let me know as I'm thinking of doing more posts like this. That's all for today's post,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment