Saturday 16 January 2016

How to Help your Skin Survive the Winter Weather

Hey Guys,
So here in England the weather has got really bad and it's now super wet and cold outside and the harsh winter weather can really damage and dry out your skin so I thought that today I would share with you my favourite products to use to help rehydrate and protect your skin.

The first thing I want to talk about is a hand cream, now I feel like your hands often get forgot about in the winter time but it is really important to use hand cream to keep your hands soft and hydrated; I like to use The Body Shop Hand & Nail Cream. 
Next I want to talk about you lips as in winter mine get really dry and chipped so what I do is exfoliate them; so after I've brushed my teeth I get my toothbrush and gently exfoliate my lips by moving it around in circular motions. This gets rid of the dead skin cells and also increases the blood flow to your lips which makes them look more red which is an added bonus! After you have exfoliated them it's a good idea to apply lip balm to rehydrate your lips and keep them feeling nice and smooth. I use the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Lip Balm and I find this works quickly and lasts a long time as well so I don't have to apply it too many time throughout the day; but one thing I do do is put on a little bit of lip balm before I go out side because this helps protect your lips from the winter weather. 
Next I want to share with you a few body products that I use to moisturise my body all throughout the year really but especially in winter. The first I'm sure I've mentioned before and that's the Nivea Body Moisturiser, this is quite a thin consistency but is really hydrating and I tend to use this one after I've come out is the shower or bath. The second one I use if I haven't just got out of the bath or shower but am moisturising my legs in particular and that's the Hollister Crescent Bay Body Lotion, this is much thicker than the Nivea one and also smells really nice. And the final body moisturiser I want to talk about is the Body Shop Body Butter and I really like this one for when my legs and arms are feeling particularly dry as I think out of the three this one is the most moisturising and I really like the Body Shop Vineyard Peach scent as well which is the scent of the body butter I'm currently using.
The final products I want to talk about are a couple of face products that I'm absolutely certain you'll have seen me write about before but that is just because I really do love them and it's the Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion and the Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Mask. They both really help to hydrate your skin quickly and you don't need a lot of either which is also really good because it means they last longer! I use the Benefit moisturiser in the morning when I wake up and at night before I go to bed in the minter because my skin gets really dry and the face mask I use 3-4 times a week in the evening when I've got a bit more time to let it soak into my skin.

So that's everything I wanted to let you know about today let me know what your winter skincare essential is in the comments and I'll see you on Monday,
Charlotte x 

No comments:

Post a Comment