Monday 16 March 2015

My Gym Essentials | Spring into Summer

Heya Everyone,

I'm starting a new series today, Spring into Summer; to help you get ready to have an awesome summer. Today I'm going to be helping you start on you're confidence for summer AKA you're summer body. Now you're probably thinking that it's just about getting slim and toned for the summer but it's actually mainly about building up your confidence. You can be any shape or size but if you're not confident then you won't be looking as fabulous as you could do. Personally for me being healthy and active really helps boosts my confidence so what I do is go to the gym, I tend to go just once a week for an hour to an hour and a half and then at home I do workout videos and little exercise routines on week days (let me know if you'd like to see a post on my workout routine). Anyway enough rambling let's get on with the post.



It is really important to stay hydrated when exercising so definitely take a water bottle with you, although most gyms have a water fountain it's much easier and more hygienic to take your own water bottle to drink from.
The next two go together but it's your phone/iPod and headphones. Music can really help you get into your workout and distract you from the fact you are doing exercise so it will be more enjoyable. You can also listen to revision, you can record yourself if you have a speaking exam in languages or a really good app is GCSEPod it has lots of different podcasts for most subjects for individual subjects so say if you have a biology test coming up you can listen to them so you get in some revision while doing some exercise so you're killing two birds with one stone!
For me to want to go and workout I need comfy trainers; there is nothing worse than having trainers that don't fit you properly and rub on your heels, so I think it's definitely worth forking out for a good pair (mine are Nike Free 5.0).
Now I know that it kind of goes without saying but you don't want to be smelling in the gym so definitely make sure you take deodorant with you and also so you can freshen up at the end.

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment